WORLD’S TALLEST BUILDINGS 2013
Here we bring the top ten skyscrapers with some amazing facts and figures about them. The list beneath only comprises the completed structures and towers.
1) Burj Khalifa: Burj Khalifa is the world’s tallest building located in Dubai. The construction was begun in January 2004 and got completed in 2010. The total height of this skyscraper is 828m which is 2,717 ft. This tower was designed by Adrian Smith at SOM. There are total 163 floors in this building.
2) Makkah Royal Clock Tower hotel: This building is located in Mecca city at Saudi Arabia. This is a very tall skyscraper which is also known as Abraj Al-Bait Towers, the construction was started in 2004 and got completed in 2012. The total height is 601 m which is 1,971 ft and the total floors are 120.
3) Taipei 101: Taipei 101 was the world’s tallest building till 2010, later the Burj Khalifa broke this record. This building is located in Taipei, Taiwan, the construction got completed in 2004 and till then it was ruling the top spot in the list until Burj Khalifa inaugurated. The total height is 509 m, 1670 ft and contains 101 floors.
4) Shanghai World Financial Center: Shanghai World Financial Center is located in Shanghai, China. The construction for the skyscraper was started in 1997 and was ended in 2008. This building is 492 m, 1614 ft tall having the same count of floors (101) as of Taipei 101.
5) International Commerce Center: This is also known as ICC tower and is located in West Kowloon, Hong Kong. The construction of this skyscraper was started in 2002 and got completed in 2010. The total height is 484 m, 1588 ft and the count of the total floors is 118.
6) Petronas Towers: Petronas Towers also known as Petronas Twin towers located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The construction for this skyscraper was started in 1993 and completed in 1996 but inaugurated in 1998. This was declared as the tallest building by the CTBUH from 1998 to 2004. Later it was surpassed by Taipei 101. The total height is 452 m, 1483 ft and the total number of floors is 88.
7) Zifeng Tower: Zifeng Tower is also known as Greenland Square Zifeng Tower and is located in Nanjing, China. This tower was started constructing in 2005 and was inaugurated in 2010. The total height is 450m, 1479 ft and the total number of floors is 89.
8) Willis Tower: Willis Tower was earlier known as Sears Tower which is located in Chicago, USA and was titled as the tallest building in the world surpassing the World Trade Centre, New York and ruled this position for 25 years. The total height is 442 m, 1450 ft and it contains 108 floors.
9) Kingkey 100: The Kingkey 100 is also known as KK100. This building is located in Shenzhen, China and is 442 m, 1449 ft tall with 100 floors. The construction was started in 2007 and was completed in 2011.
10) Guangzhou International Finance Center: This is located in the Guangzhou, China and it is 440 m, 1440 ft tall. The construction for this skyscraper was started in 2005 and came to end in 2010. The total floors in this building are 103.