Top Ten Telecom Companies in the World
Telecom services nowadays are the best medium to communicate with each other. It includes all the services like internet, messaging, calling and many more. To spread all these services we have many big companies, we present you top ten telecom companies in the world.
1. China Mobile Communications: China Mobile Communications is the biggest telecom company in this world by market capitalization. This massive company was established on 3rd September, 1997 and the headquarters is located in Beijing, China. China Mobile Communications deals in mobile voice and multimedia service through its nationwide. This is the only telecom company that provides its network on Mount Everest. More than 181,000 employees are associated with this gigantic company and more than 775.6 million subscribers are using this astonishing network.
2. Vodafone: Vodafone is the multinational British telecommunications company which was founded in 1991. The headquarters of Vodafone is located in London, United Kingdom. Vodafone is ranked on the second position on the basis of total subscribers and revenue till 2013. Vodafone is providing operations of their network in 21 countries. The total number of subscribers is more than 419.4 million.
3. Airtel: On the third spot we have Airtel which is also known as Bharti Airtel Limited. This is an Indian multinational communications services company which was founded by Sunil Bharti Mittal on 7th July, 1995. The headquarters of Airtel is located in the Bharti Crescent, 1, Nelson Mandela Road, New Delhi, India. Airtel is providing its services to across 20 countries with more than 275.2 million subscribers.
4. China Unicom: The fourth biggest telecom company in this world is China Unicom. This is a Chinese state owned telecommunications company which was founded in 1994. The headquarters of China Unicom is located in Beijing, China. Apart from its GSM services, China Unicom launches their CDMA network in Macau on 18th October, 2006. China Unicom merges with China Netcom and made a joint investment with Telefonica. It has more than 285.7 million users with all its ventures.
5. America Movil: On the fifth position we have the Mexican telecommunication company “America Movil”. This company was founded in the year 2000 and the headquarters is located in Plaza Carso, Mexico City, Mexico. The operations of America Movil take place in about 18 countries with different subsidiaries. The total number of subscribers of America Movil is more than 269.9 million. It provides a huge list of technologies such as GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+, TD-LTE, FD-LTE.
6. Telefonica: On the sixth position we have the leading Spanish telecom company Telefonica. It was founded on 19th April, 1924 with its headquarters located in Madrid, Spain. Telefonica is a broadband and telecommunications provider and the major operations takes place in North America and South America, Asia and Europe. The total number of employees associated with Telefonica is more than 272,598. The total number of subscribers of this splendid telecom company is about 254.7 million.
7. Axiata: Axiata is a leading Malaysian telecom company which was founded on 12th June, 1992 and the headquarters is located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The main services of Axiata are mobile telephony and internet. The operation of Axiata takes place in Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Cambodia. More than 20,000 employees are associated with Axiata and the total number of subscribers is more than 239.7 million.
8. Orange: Orange is a very famous and renowned French telecommunication company. Orange was founded in 1988 and the headquarters is located at 15th arrondissement, Paris, France. Orange provided their major services in Landline telephony, mobile telephony, fixed internet, mobile internet, IP television, IT services and Livebox. In 2012 the total revenue of this company was calculated as EUR 43.5 billion. More than 170,000people are working with this gigantic company. The total number of subscribers is more than 231.5 million.
9. VimpelCom: VimpleCom Ltd. is a very famous telecom company of Netherlands. They are global telecommunications provider and were founded in 2009. The headquarters of VimpleCom is located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The major products of this telecom company are Mobile telephony, mobile phones retailing, international telephony, broadband Internet, IPTV, city-wide Wi-Fi, domain name registrar and many more. In 2012 the total revenue of this company was calculated as USD 23.1 billion. More than 66,000 employees are working under the big name of VimpleCom. The total number of subscribers is 209 million.
10. China Telecom: On the tenth spot we have the Chinese telecom company “China Telecom”. It was founded in 2002 and the headquarters is located in Beijing, China. China Telecom is a Chinese state-owned telecommunication company and it is third biggest mobile telecommunication service providers in China. The major products of China telecom are Fixedline Telephony, Mobile Telephony, Internet Access & Digital Television. The total number of employees linked with China Telecom is more than 309,799 and the total subscribers are about 185 million.