Top Ten Places to Visit in Australia
Australia is a very famous tourist destination and about millions of tourists visit this beautiful country every year. We would like to highlight some of the best locations which you can visit in Australia.
1. Great Barrier reef: Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef system in the world which consists of more than 2,900 individual reefs and about 900islands which are stretched to an area of about 344,400 square kilometers. The reef is situated in the Coral Sea, which is off the coast of Queensland, Australia. The major attraction about the Great Barrier Reef is that it can be seen from the outer space also. This is also the world’s largest single structure which is created by the living organisms. All the reefs are made up of millions of tiny coral polyps. In 1981 it was declared as the world Heritage Site because of its support to a wide diversity of life.
2. Uluru: Uluru is also known as Ayers Rock. This is located in the southern part of the Northern Territory in central Australia. It is a very large sandstone rock which lies 335 km towards the south west of the largest town Alice Springs. Uluru is also registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Uluru is very famous natural landmark for Australia. The height of the sandstone is about 348m and the total circumference is about 9.4 km.
3. Opera House Sydney: The Opera House Sydney is located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It was opened on 20th October, 1973 and it is known as a multi-venue performing arts centre. This is designed by the great Danish architect Jom Utzon. More than 1500 performances are performed in this building annually. The architecture of this building is very attractive which consists of a series of large concrete shells, each shell is divided into multiple sections of spheres which are 75.2 meters in radius which forms the roof of the structure.
4. Sydney Harbour Bridge: Sydney Harbour Bridge is a bridge between the Sydney central business district (CBD) and the North Shore which carries the traffic of vehicular, rail, bicycle and pedestrian. The bridge is also known by the name “The Coathanger” because of its spectacular arc shaped design This bridge was opened for the public use on 19th March, 1932. The total length of this bridge is about 1,149 meters (3,770 ft) and the height is 134 meters and the width is 49 meters.
5. Bondi Beach: One of the most famous spots in Australia is the Bondi beach. It is also known as Bondi Bay and a very famed beach in the world also. The Bondi Beach is located 7 km’s (4 mi) east of the Sydney central business district. This beach is spread out in a huge area, it is 1 km long and receives millions of visitors every year. The different ends of the beach contain different facilities like the south end of the beach is reserved for the surfboard riding.
6. Sea World Australia: Sea World Australia is a very famous park which is located in the Southport, Queensland, Australia. It was inaugurated on 30th October 1971 and it is a marine mammal, oceanarium, and theme park. This beautiful park consists of rides, wildlife animals and many other amazing attractions. It consists of total 15 rides out of which 2 are roller coaster and 3 are water rides. This park consists of many attractive features, swings and a great collection of wildlife.
7. Australia Zoo: One of the most attractive places to visit in Australia is the Australian Zoo. It is located in the Beerwah, Queensland, Australia. The Australia Zoo was inaugurated on 3rd June, 1970 and it is owned by Terri Irwin and it is run by Director Wes Mannion. The Australia Zoo is spread in about 100 acres of land and the total number of animals in this zoo is more than 1000. The main tourist attraction in this zoo is the Crocodile Hunter. This zoo was opened by the Bob and Lyn Irwin. The Australia Zoo has also won the Australian Tourism Awards in the category of Major Tourist Attraction in the year 2003-2004.
8. Fraser Island: Fraser Island is located in the southern coast of Queensland, Australia. The Fraser Island is a very famous tourist spot in Australia and it is listed in the heritage islands also. The total length of this island is about 120 km and the width is expanded to almost 24 km. This is the largest island on the Queensland’s and the sixth biggest island in the Australia. This island comprises of eucalyptus woodland, mangrove forests, wallum, peat swamps and many more attractive things.
The total area on which the island is located is 1,840 km2.
9. Darling Harbour: Another very famous location to visit in Australia is Darling Harbour. This is located adjoining to the city centre of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. The Darling Harbour is extended towards the Chinatown, along with the Cockle Bay to King Street Wharf towards the east and the suburb of Pyrmont towards the west. This location is named after the Lieutenant-General Ralph Darling who was also the governor of the New South Wales from the years 1825 to 1831.
10. Kakkadu National Park: The Kakkadu National Park is located in the Alligator Rivers Region of the Northern Territory of Australia, which is almost 171 km towards the southeast of Darwin. This park covers an area of about 19,804 km2 which is extended from north to south with an area of 200 kilometers and from east to west with an area of 100 kilometers. The park was established on 5th April, 1979 and the total number of visitors counted in the year 2012 was about 250,000. The most nearest town to this park is Jabiru.