Top Ten Most Valuable Sports Brands
Following are the top ten most valuable sports brands in the world:
1. Nike: Nike is the most valuable and famous sports brand in the world. This is an American multinational corporation whose headquarters is located in the Washington County, Oregon, United States. Nike was founded by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight in the year 1964 by the name of Blue Ribbon Sports, later in 1971 the company changes the name to Nike. This massive company is involved in production of major sports products like footwear, apparel, equipments, accessories and services. Nike is also sponsoring many international sports team. The total Brand Value of Nike is $15,000,000,000.
2. ESPN: ESPN (Entertainment and Sports Programming Network) is another one of the best and most valuable sports brand in the world. This brand is launched by the two big names, The Walt Disney Company and Hearst Corporation combined together in 1979 to launch this big name. ESPN majorly focuses on sports programming like sports talk shows, event telecasts, and other original programming. ESPN has launched many sister channels as well which are distributing their services globally. The brand Value of ESPN is estimated to be $11,500,000,000.
3. Adidas: Adidas is one the biggest and famous company in sports. Adidas is best known for its sports shoes, clothing and equipments. This is a German multinational corporation which was established in 1924 and the headquarters is located in Herzogenaurach, Bavaria, Germany. Adidas has sponsored more than 200 players and 12 teams of the Fifa World Cup in South Africa in 2010. The brand value of Adidas is $5,000,000,000.
4. Sky Sports: Another television broadcasting group is in the list of top ten most famous and valuable sports brand. Sky Sports was launched on 20th April, 1991 by the company British Sky Broadcasting and providing services to all the UK audience. Sky Sports has many sister channels like Sky1, Sky2, Sky Living and many more. The total brand value of this brand is $3,000,000,000.
5. Gatorade: Gatorade is a very famous sports brand which majorly produces sports drink and food products. Gatorade is launched by the PepsiCo in 1965 at University of Florida to help the athletes to regain their stamina and balance the body, this drink contains combination of water, carbohydrates, and electrolytes which the athletes lost during their competitions. The company uses the “G” logo as their symbol. The brand value of Gatorade is $2,500,000,000.
6. Reebok: Reebok is one of the top ten most valuable sports products in the world. This company is famous for its astonishing shoes, clothing and sports equipments. Reebok was founded by “J.W. Foster” in 1895 in England, United Kingdom. Reebok is sponsoring many sports teams and it is the subsidiary of German group Adidas since 2005. Reebok introduced the sports equipments and footwear for almost every different category of game. The brand value of Reebok is $1,500,000,000.
7. Under Armour: On the seventh spot in our list of top ten most valuable sports brands is Under Armour. This is an American company which manufactures sports clothing and accessories. The company was founded by the Kevin Plank in 1996 and the headquarters is located in the Baltimore, Maryland, United States. This is one of the fastest growing brands in the world and has a brand value of $1,000,000,000.
8. EA Sports: EA Sports is Electronic Arts Sports that makes sports video games. EA sports is a very famous brand in video games that develops high quality games by giving a high definition graphic quality. It was founded in 1991 and the headquarters is located in Vancouver, Canada. EA Sports launches an immense variety of games like FIFA, Cricket, NBA, Baseball and lots more, 27 games of EA Sports had sold over a million units in 2010. This company reaches to a different height with its great work in the field of television gaming. The brand value of EA Sports is $625,000,000.
9. Yes Network: Yes Network (Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network) is another one of the top sports brands in the world. This is a sports broadcasting network in America and the headquarters is located in the New York City, New York, Stamford, Connecticut. This is the most-watched regional sports network in the country, the broadcasting network of Yes Network is just after ESPN n terms of the highest monthly subscriber fee from operators. The brand value of Yes Network is $600,000,000.
10. MSG: MSG is another television and radio service from United States who made their position in the world’s most valuable sports brands. The MSG is owned by “The Madison Square Garden Company” and it was launched on October 15, 1969. The headquarters is located in the Pennsylvania Plaza, New York City. MSG is one of the best and leading broadcasting sports network in New York and has won many awards over past four years. The brand value of MSG is $500,000,000.