Top Ten Most Popular Websites
Internet is the best source of information, entertainment, communication and lots more. To provide all of these we have many websites in the world but not every website can provide you the most appropriate requirement for which you are looking for. We have many websites which has been used by the visitors on daily basis for their basic requirements like Google, Yahoo, Facebook etc. On the basis of total online users we have prepared a list of top ten most visited websites on internet.
Following are the top ten most popular or visited websites of 2014:
1. Google: On the top spot we have the Google, this is a search engine which is most famous and most visited website on internet. This website is used to search information on internet, Google services was founded by Menlo Park California in 1998. Google is just not a search engine, it has many products and services that are booming in the internet world. Google has traffic of almost 100-120 million visitors per day.
Alexa rank: 1
Type: Search Engine
2. Facebook: The second most famous website in the world is Facebook, who dosen’t knows about this famous social media website. In a short span of time this website has achieved enormous height in online world. Mark Zuckerberg found this website on February 4, 2004 and after that the entire world got a way to connect with each other. The idea of Facebook came in the mind of some Harvard University Students and they implemented their thought into the online world. Facebook has traffic of almost 100 million visitors per day.
Alexa rank: 2
Type: Social Networking
3. You Tube: You Tube is a product of Google, this is a video sharing website which was launched by Google on February 14, 2005. You tube was founded by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim, they were the former employees of PayPal and later in 2006 owned by Google. You Tube allows you to view, share and upload videos and also used for advertisements. You Tube contains music videos, video clips, educational videos, TV clips, video blogging and short original videos.
Alexa rank: 3
Type: Video Sharing
4. Yahoo: On the fourth spot we have another search engine website and one of the biggest email service providers “Yahoo”. It was launched by Jerry Yang and David Filo in March 1995,Yahoo provides multiple services like Yahoo News, Yahoo Directory, online mapping, Yahoo Mail Yahoo Answers, advertising and many more. Yahoo is the fourth busiest website on internet.
Alexa rank: 4
Type: Search engine
5. Baidu: Baidu is a Chinese search engine which is founded by Robin Li on January 1, 2000. It is available in Chinese language only and used for storing information and for search purpose. The headquarters of Baidu is located in Beijing, China. Baidu is the fifth busiest website in the world in terms of online traffic.
Alexa rank: 5
Type: Search engine
6. Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a multilingual encyclopedia where you will find information about almost everything, it is a free content Internet encyclopedia. Wikipedia was created by Jimmy Wales, Larry Sanger and it was launched on January 15, 2001. Wikipedia has an online traffic of about 500 million unique visitors every month. This is the sixth most popular website in the world that.
Alexa rank: 6
7. Tencent QQ: On the seventh position amongst top ten popular websites we have Tencent QQ. This website is popularly known as QQ, it is an instant messaging software service which was developed by the Tencent Holdings Limited which is a Chinese investment holding company. It is a multiplatform software that be operated on platforms like Linux, Android, Windows Phone, Symbian, iOS, Java and many more. Tencent QQ first messenger was released on February 1999. QQ has around 176.4 million online users.
Alexa rank: 7
8. Taobao: Taobao is another Chinese website which is quite popular in the world. Taobao is an online shopping website and has a wide collection of products, it has around 760 million product listings. Taobao was founded by the Alibaba Group on 10th May 2003 and it’s now the largest online shopping platform in China. This is one of the most visited website in the World.
Alexa rank: 8
9. Twitter: Twitter is one of the famous websites in the world and used for social networking and microblogging. The user can post tweets that has a limit of maximum 140 characters, it was developed by the Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Evan Williams, Edward Cramer and Biz Stone on 15thJuly 2006. Twitter gained its reputation in the online world in a short span of time, it has more than 500 million registered users and a count of about 340 million tweets per day. Twitter is one of the top ten most visited websites in the world.
Alexa rank: 11
Type: Microblogging / Instant messaging / Social media
10. Amazon: Amazon is an ecommerce website and world’s largest online retailer. Jeff Bezos launched this website on 5th July 1994, initially amazon was just an online bookstore but it diversified its range very soon from books to a complete collection of furniture, Kindle Fire tablets software, video games, electronics and also the cloud computing services. Amazon provides its services in almost every country in the world.
Alexa rank: 10