World’s Top Ten Medical Colleges
The education system in this world has improved on a rapid speed with the help of astounding level of technologies we have achieved. Amongst the list of numerous medical colleges in the world, on the basis of U.S. News & World Report, we present you a list of top ten medical colleges who are serving students with their best education system.
1. Harvard University: Harvard University is the best university for the medical students to pursue their degree. This is a private university which is located in the Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States and the medical school is located in the Boston. Harvard University was established in 1636 and the Harvard Medical School was established in the year 1782. The medical campus is spread out in 21 acres and provides the best education for medical studies in the world.
2. University of Cambridge: On the second position we have the University of Cambridge. This was the second oldest university in the English speaking world and third oldest university in the entire world. The University of Cambridge was established in 1209 and is located in Cambridge, England, United Kingdom. This is a public research university. The medical college was established in 1540.
3. Yale University: Yale University is the world’s third best university as per the “U.S. News & World Report” magazine. This great old university was established in the year 1701 and it is located in the New Haven, Connecticut, United States. Yale University is a private university and their campus is spread out in almost 837 acres which includes a golf course also. The Yale School of Medicine was originated in the year 1810 and it is also a very famous biomedical research center.
4. University college of London: As per the report of the “U.S. News & World Report” magazine the University College of London (UCL) is on the fourth spot amongst the world’s top medical colleges. This University is located in London, United Kingdom and was established in 1826. The medical school in this university was established in 1987 and it is one of the top best medical colleges in the UK. University college of London is a public research university.
5. Imperial college London: Imperial College London is on the fifth spot. This great university is a public research university which is located in the London, United Kingdom. The Imperial College London was established on 8th July, 1907. This college is specialized in Science, Technology, Business and Medicine. As per the QS World University Rankings, the Imperial College London is ranked 5th I the world and 3rd in Europe. This is one of the major centers for biomedical research.
6. University of Oxford: On the sixth spot we have the University of Oxford also famous as Oxford University or Oxford. It is located in Oxford, England, United Kingdom. The Oxford University is one of the oldest universities in this world and it was established in 1906. It is the oldest university in the world of English speaking. Oxford University is providing a great choice of degrees in its Medical Sciences Division, which includes diagnostic imaging, neuroscience, clinical embryology and more.
7. University of Chicago: The seventh spot is captured by the University of Chicago. This university is located in the Chicago, Illinois, United States. It was established in the year 1890 and is a very famous university in the world. University of Chicago is a private research university which offers various educational programs. The Pritzker School of Medicine was established in the year 1927. The University of Chicago also offers joint degree programs.
8. Massachusetts Institute of Technology: On the eighth spot we have the world class university Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This university is combined with the Harvard University’s medical school to provide the best education, they are called as the Harvard-MIT Health Sciences and Technology (HST). This is a different school then Harvard’s medicine school. The HST is located in Cambridge and it was established on 1971. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology provides a wide range of education such as engineering, physical science, biology, economics and many more.
9. California Institute of Technology: The California Institute of Technology is on the ninth spot. It is located in the 1200 East California Boulevard Pasadena, California, USA. It was established in the year 1891 and it’s a private research university. It has a huge campus of 124 acres which consists of a wide variety of education such as medicine, business, science and many more. California Institute of Technology has also received 5 Nobel Prizes in Medicine, Physics and Chemistry.
10. Columbia University: The Columbia University is the tenth best university in this world. It is a private research university which is located in Upper Manhattan, New York, United States. The Columbia University was established in 1754 and its medical center was established in 1920s. This is the fifth oldest university in the United States. The Medical Center of Columbia University has four professional schools, College of Dental Medicine and School of Nursing, Maliman School of Public Health and College of Physicians & Surgeons.