World’s Most Beautiful Airports
Following are some of the busiest airports around the world which are also famous for its beauty:
1. Singapore Changi Airport: Also called Changi Airport, is supposed to be the main airport of Singapore. This Airport is operated by the Changi Airport Group, which is the home base of Singapore Airlines and Singapore Airlines Cargo. It operates almost 6400 weekly flights of more than 100 airlines which connect Singapore to more than 250 cities in almost 60 countries around the world. Currently more than 28000 people are working at this airport.
2. Incheon International Airport: It is the the largest airport in South Korea, and also it is one of the busiest and largest airports in the world. It was rated the best airport of the world ay Airport Council International continuously for seven years from 2005 to 2012. This airport is famous for having a golf course, spa, private sleeping rooms, ice skating rink, a casino, and indoor gardens.
3. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport: The official English name of this airport is Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. It is located 20 minutes southwest o Amsterdam and its the main international airport of the Netherlands. This is supposed to be the fourth busiest airport of Europe as far as daily passengers are concerned. This is one of the beautiful and busiest airport in the world.
4. Hong Kong International Airport: This airport is located on the island of Chek Lap Kok. So it is also known as Chek Lap Kok Airport, and it is the main airport in Hong Kong. It is being operated by the Airport Authority Hong Kong and it is one of the hubs for Cathay Pacific, Hong Kong Express Airways and Air Hong Kong cargo.
Its one of the busiest airport in the world.
5. Beijing Capital International Airport: Beijing Capital International Airport is located 32 KM northeast of Beijing’s City Center and supposed to be the main airport in Beijing. Beijing Capital International Airport Company Limited operates this airport. This airport rapidly ascended in the ranking of busiest airport in the world as far as passengers are concerned day to day. It is main hub for Air China and Hainan airlines.
6. Munich Airport: It is the second busiest airport in Germany after Frankfurt Airport and seventh busiest airport in Europe as far as passengers are concerned, which handled more than 3 crore passengers in the year 2012. Its hub for Star Alliance partner airlines and Lufthansa airlines. Munich International airport is one of the most beautiful airport in the world which attracts the attention of its visitors.
7. Zurich Airport: Zurich Airport is the largest International airport in Switzerland which is sometimes known as Zurich Kloten Airport. The airport is operated by Flughafen Zurich AG and the hub of Swiss International airlines. This airport having three runways. One (Runway 14) is of 3700 M in length, second (Runway 16) is 300 M and third (Runway 28) is 2500 M. Runway 14 is used for landings and runway 16 and 28 is used for take offs in most of the cases.
8. Vancouver International Airport: it is one of the busiest airport in Canada which is is located on Sea Island in Richmond, British Columbia. It has won so many international best airport awards including Skytrax Best North American Airport award five times.It is been named “The Best Airport in North America”. Among eight Canadian airports, Vancouver International Airport having US Border Preclearance facilities.
9. Tokyo International Airport: It is also called Tokyo Haneda Airport which serves the Greater Tokyo Area. Till 1978 Tokyo International airport was primary international airport which served Tokyo. In the year 2012 Haneda Airport handled more than six crore passengers. It is the second busiest airport in Asia and one of the most busiest airports in the world.
10. London Heathrow Airport: Located in the West London which is also called Heathrow Airport, is one of the major International airport which serves London. It is the busiest airport in United Kingdom currently and it was the third busiest airport in the world in 2012.