World’s Top Ten Most Expensive Houses
Following are some of the most expensive houses across the world which are famous for its cost and luxury:
1. Antilia, Mumbai, India: Located in Mumbai, Antilia an extravagant residential complex built by Mukesh Ambani, the renowned chairperson of Reliance Industries. It is known to be one of the most expensive homes across the globe. A staff of about 600 people is required to maintain a residence of such a stature. It is named after the mythical Atlantic island of Antillia. Designed by Chicago based architects, Perkins + Will, the house is known to have 27 floors with enormous ceilings.
2. Villa Leopold Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France: Villa La Leopolda is a large & a spacious villa amidst the French town of Villefranche-sur-Mer which is located on the French Riviera. It is built by an American architect, Ogden Codman. The villa became famous in the summer of 2008 when it came in the news with reports of it being purchased
by a Russian billionaire, Mikhail Prokhorov at a cost of approximately €500 million However, the price reported in February 2010 at the occasion of a lawsuit was € 370 million which still would have probably made it the world’s most expensive villa.
3. Kensington Palace Gardens, London: Kensington Palace Gardens is often known as the “most exclusive address” in London. A street located in West Central London has one of the most expensive and exclusive houses across the globe. It is also widely known as the “Billionaires Row”. According to a survey in 2012, the market prices for a residential house on the street were approximately over £122 million, each.
4. Fairfield Sagaponack: A residential palace owned by the renowned industrial billionaire, Ira Rennert costs a fantastically huge sum of $ 200 million. It has 29 bedrooms with 39 bathrooms and three swimming pools. It also has a power plant of its own. The house faces the Atlantic Ocean and is built over an area of 63 acres. It surely symbolizes luxury at its best.
5. One Hyde Park, London: To live in elegance, peace and style, One Hyde Park is surely the place you are looking at. It is surely the most exclusive address in the world. It provides luxury and extravagance at its best. It is situated in the heart of Knightsbridge. The exceptional architecture & design of these houses are worth having a look at. This makes it the perfect place to live in.
6. Ellison Estate, Woodside, California: With a fortune of US$ 41 billion, Ellison is one of the richest people in the world; he is co-founder and the chief executive officer of Oracle Corporation. He is well known for having a keen interest in real estate. He built his estate in 23 acres in 2004 in Japanese style. The house consist of 10 buildings, a man made lake, an exclusive tea house, a bath house & a Koi pond. The current assessment of the market value of the property is nearly $70 million.
7. White House: Located at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington, D.C , The White House is the official residence and the principal workplace of the President of the United States. Since John Adams in 1800, it has known to be the residence of every U.S. president. Built between 1792 and 1800, the house was designed by Irish-born James Hoban. Today, the White House Complex is known to include the Executive Residence, the West Wing, the East Wing, the Eisenhower Executive Office Building—the former State Department, which has offices for the President’s staff and the Vice President—and Blair House, used as a guest residence.
8. Blossom Estate, Palm Beach: Blossom Estate, Palm Beach is owned by Ken Griffin. It has a whopping worth of about $4.1 billion The hedge fund titan had purchased four properties situated side by side. The total area constituted by these was 8 acres on the ocean. All of these in total were later made into a single estate. Therefore making it one of the most sort after and the most exclusive properties in the world.
9. Xanadu 2.0, Seattle, Washington: Overlooking Lake Washington in Medina, Washington, United States of America, Xanadu 2.0 is a huge mansion owned by Bill Gates. The total area of the mansion is approximately 66,000-square-foot. It is exceptionally noted for its design and the technology. It is nicknamed as Xanadu 2.0, after the title character’s estate in Citizen Kane . The total time taken to build this estate was about 7 years and the total cost incorporated to build it was about $63 million In 2009, the property taxes levied on it were US $1.063 million on a total assessed market value of US$147.5 million.
10. Mountain Home Road, Woodside, California: Built in 2005 with a neo- classical style of architecture, Mountain Home Road, Woodside, California, is a 9 acre property. It was designed by one of the most well established & renowned architects across the globe, Mr. Allan Green berg. It was sold for a huge sum of $117.5 million. In 2012, this made it the second highest amount any private residence in the US had ever sold for.