Famous Top Ten Tourist Destinations in New Zealand
New Zealand is a rich country in terms of tourism. You will find so many astonishing locations to visit in this beautiful and amazing country. Amongst a wide list of amazing destinations, we present you a list of most famous top ten tourist destinations in New Zealand.
1. Milford Sound: Milford sound is one of the most famous tourist attractions in New Zealand. It is located within the Fiordland National Park, which lies towards the south west of the South Island in New Zealand. The scenic beauty of the Milford Sound is very staggering which contains spectacular peaks and dark blue water. The Milford Sound found as the top travel destination in the world in 2008 in a survey done by the Traveler’s Choice Awards by the TripAdvisor.
2. Bay of Islands: Bay of Islands is another very famous tourist attraction in New Zealand. This is located in the Northland Region of the North Island. This beautiful area consists of 144 islands, beaches and private bays. This location is one of the most famous and best for fishing, sailing yachts, international sport fisherman, cruises and for tourist destinations. The islands consist of a great range of marine life that includes dolphins, whales, penguins and many more.
3. Tongariro National Park: Tongariro National Park is the world’s fourth national park that was established a long time back. This astonishing park is located in the North Island of New Zealand. Amongst all the national parks this is the oldest park in the New Zealand. This national park consists of diverse variety of active volcanoes, lakes, herb fields, forests and plateaus. You will find all the natural scenic beauty over here which will surely attract your mind.
4. Rotorua: The Rotorua is a very famous tourist destination in New Zealand for all the local people and international tourists. This destination is famous for its geothermal activities and its numerous geysers. The hot water springs, natural eruptions of steam makes this location really beautiful and different from all the other locations. The entire city is full of geothermal activities and hot springs.
5. Franz Josef Glacier: Franz Josef Glacier is a very beautiful destination to visit. This glacier is situated in the southwest inside the Westland National Park. The Franz Josef Glacier is an easily reachable place. It is a 12 km long glacier which is in concert with the Fox Glacier which is 20 km towards the south. The sightseers can also take a helicopter ride to have a stunning view of the Ice Age remnant.
6. Kaikoura: Kaikoura is a very famous town which is located on the eastern coast of the South Island, New Zealand. The location of the Kaikoura is almost 1,180 km on the state Highway towards the north of Christchurch. This place is very famous for its sea food, dolphins, seals and many more. Kaikoura gets millions of visitors every year and is liked by so many people for its great sea food and astonishing view.
7. Napier Art Deco: The Napier Art Deco is a very beautiful and eye catchy destination in New Zealand. This is a small city which is located on the North Island’s east coast in the Hawke’s Bay. This city was hit by the earthquake in the 1931 after that period it was reconstructed with the short-lived Art Deco era, which in result makes this city totally different from all other cities in the world. The complete city is very beautifully constructed and thousands of visitors come every February to celebrate the Art Deco weekend. This event is devoted to picnics, style, vintage cars and the soapbox derby.
8. Sky Tower: The Sky Tower of Auckland is one of the most eye catchy destinations in this world. This tower is used for the observations and telecommunications and is located in the biggest city of New Zealand, i.e. Auckland city. The total height of the tower is 328 meters, this tower was opened for the public on 3rd August, 1997. In center of all other buildings, this massive building looks very glittering. The view from the top of this tower gives you almost a visibility of 80 km and it also has a fine dining restaurant.
9. Abel Tasman National Park: Abel Tasman National Park is a very famous national park which is located in the South Island, New Zealand. This park was named after the Abel Tasman, he was the first European who explored the sight New Zealand. This park was opened on 18th December, 1942, this was the 300th anniversary of the Abel Tasman’s trip to the New Zealand. To visit this location you must go by boat, foot or by small plane as the route is closed for other vehicles. The view of this location is very beautiful, it is full of natural beauty and a great variety of birds.
10. Coromandel Peninsula: The Coromandel Peninsula is a very famous tourist destination which is located in the North Island, New Zealand. This location is majorly famous for the astounding and diverse white and golden sand beaches. This enhances the natural beauty of this location. It includes a small quaint city Thames, which holds a very strong history of gold mining. One of the major attractions in this location is the hot water beach.