Top Ten Tips to Increase Stamina
Following are some of the tips which will help you to increase your stamina:
1. Interval Training: Interval training is a very good and effective method to increase your stamina. It is done by performing some highly intense physical activity along with low intensity activity. You can mix multiple exercises in your regular interval to increase your stamina like a sprint run for about 10-12 minutes mixed with jogging for about 5 minutes. Repeating this daily will certainly help us in increasing the endurance. Alternatively, you can make a combination of different highly intense and low intensity exercises.
2. Cycling: Cycling is a very good option to increase the stamina. It doesn’t matter whether you are doing it on a stationary bicycle or on a riding bicycle in terms of stamina, but an early morning cycling in a fresh air is good for your health also. Start with an average mileage which your body can easily manage and increase the mileage daily for getting up a good and effective result. Increasing speed along with the distance is a formula for gaining more stamina.
3. Swimming: Swimming requires a lot of stamina to do and that will come when you regularly do it. It is a very effective exercise to increase your stamina and this will certainly show the results in a small span of time. Swimming helps in strengthening your muscles and also improves your cardiac-action. Apart from the muscles and cardio, it plays a vital role in making our lungs strong as it is done in water and requires a lot of breathing action under pressure.
4. Stair Climbing: Stair climbing is a good way to increase stamina. This is not a type of exercise which requires some heavy machinery or a big space, all you want is some stairs. Going up and coming down is the simple way to do this exercise. Repeat this exercise till the time your legs wants you to stop. Doing this exercise on stairs which have a good count of steps is more effective because climbing the stairs requires more effort. This exercise increases the flow of the blood in the body and your heart pumps properly and also increases the strength of your legs muscles.
5. Wall Climbing: Wall climbing is a little tough but very efficient way to increase stamina. This is difficult because you have to lift your complete body weight during the complete exercise. This exercise requires stamina and muscle strength so that you can lift your own body weight. As high as you can climb, the best you will get because you will use more muscle strength and endurance. This exercise cannot be done on daily basis but you may try this once in a week and try to go higher every time than the last point you reached.
6. Yoga: Yoga is a good way to keep your body fit, it also helps in getting multiple health benefits at the same time like good health, flexible body, better stamina and many more. While doing yoga, the muscles require a lot of strain to hold the body in a particular position. Yoga also helps in improving the breathing capability but it should always be done in a proper manner else it can harm your tissues also.
7. Playing Outdoor Sports: Playing outdoor sports in which physical work is required is a good way to increase your stamina. We have many sports like soccer, hockey, basketball, cricket etc in which lots of running is require, these types of sports will just not entertain you and refresh your mind but also increase your stamina. If you play for at least 5 minutes continuously, you are gaining your stamina level and doing this daily will show you some good result in less time. These sports will also help your muscles to grow and strengthen. Always keep in mind to enjoy your game, you will play for long and thus, it will increase your stamina.
8. Plyometrics: In plyometrics multiples exercises are grouped together which are based on exerting maximum force on the muscles in a very short interval of time. This is one of the best methods to increase your stamina and strengthen your muscles. In this exercise the muscles undergo rapid contraction and extension phase with a lot of force which helps you in increasing your stamina. Some good examples of plyometrics are hurdle race, box jumps, drop jumps, skipping on some soft or grassy surface etc. If you run as fast as you can for just 15-20 yards and repeat this 6 to 8 times after a very short break you can boost up your stamina easily.
9. Push Ups and Chin Ups: Pushups play a very important role in increasing your stamina. Start with a set of 15-20 pushups for at least 3 times a day and increasing it later to 5-6 times a day will certainly increase your stamina. Pushups also give your muscles a great strength and power to your arms and chest. Chin ups is another way to increase the stamina, this exercise requires a lot of strength as you’ll be lifting your complete body weight in this.
10. Hybrid Exercises: Hybrid exercises are done by attempting two combined exercise at a time as they will give us double result. To increase your stamina you should always go for the hybrid exercises. These exercises come up with the output in a very small span of time. Examples of hybrid exercises are power-lifting (like in Olympics), squat with shoulder press, lunge and shoulder press etc.