Top Ten Smallest Countries in the World
Following are top ten smallest countries in the world:
1. Vatican City: In the list of world’s smallest countries, Vatican City is on the top spot. Vatican City is the smallest country in the world with an area of only 44 Hectares (110 acres) and the total populace over here is calculated around 840 only. The official language of this place is Italian and the currency used is Euro. The Vatican City is located on the Vatican hill, on the bank of Tiber River inside the city of Rome.
2. Monaco: Monaco is the world’s second smallest country. It lies under the European continent and the currency used here is Euro. The total area of Monaco is 2.02 km2 and the total population is about 36,371. Monaco is recorded as the world’s most densely populated country. The land border of Monaco is just 4.4 km and a coastline of 4.1 km.
3. Nauru: Nauru is the third smallest country in the world which is located in the Oceania continent. Nauru is also the smallest island nation in the world. The total land area of Nauru is 21 square kilometers (8.1 sq mi) and the total population is about 9,378. The official language used here is Nauruan and the currency used is Australian Dollar.
4. Tuvalu: Tuvalu is on the fourth spot amongst all the smallest countries in the world. Tuvalu is also located in the Oceanic Island and is the second smallest country in this island. The total land area of Tuvalu is 26 square kilometers and the total population here is recorded as 10,837. The official language used in Tuvalu is Tuvaluan and the currency used is Australian Dollar.
5. San Marino: The fifth smallest country in this world is San Marino. This country lies under the European continent and is the third smallest country in this continent. The total land area of San Marino is 61 square kilometers and the total population is about 32,576. Italian is the official language of San Marino as it is surrounded by Italy. The currency used here is Euro.