Top Ten Most Dangerous Cities Across the World
Some cities are very famous for its unique architecture, some for its skyscrapers, some for its culture and nightlife, and some are for its scenic and natural beauty. But here, we are not going to represent such cities, but instead we are going to represent some of the most dangerous cities across the world. Following are the top ten most dangerous cities in the world:
1. Ciudad Juarez, Mexico: In 2009, Ciudad Juarez was called “the most violent zone in the world outside of declared war zones”, and for good reason. Plagued with gang wars, drug cartels and rape of women, the murder rate in the city is estimated at about 130 per 100,000 citizens. As a result of the implementation of NAFTA and the exponential increase in job opportunities in the city, hundreds of workers were killed, and violence against women has only increased. In less than a decade, about 300 women have disappeared and more than 400 were victims of homicide and sexual abuse.
2. Caracas, Venezuela: The crime rate in Caracas is very high, even the government issues warnings for tourists, as part of its travel advice when visiting the city. Kidnappings are a common occurrence and although most victims are local residents, tourists also suffer from the local violence. Incidents such as violent assaults have also increased in recent years. If that were not enough, there is also a high incidence of crime in the street, armed majority. Pickpockets in the city are considered some of the best in the world.
3. Muzaffarabad, Kashmir, Pakistan: It is also one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Muzaffarabad was known as Paradise on Earth and was a spectacular place, worth visiting due to its serene lakes, magnificent landscapes and lush vegetation. Nevertheless, demonstrations, rallies and processions occur regularly throughout the city and disrupt the daily lives of all citizens. Being in the dispute between India and Pakistan center, recalling the days of the Cold War, it is believed that, by Muzaffarabad be surrounded by three nuclear powers, it could take it to a nuclear holocaust at any time if things get hot. Can not be an understatement to say that life in the city can be one of the most stressful things a person could experience.
4. Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic: Crime is a huge problem throughout the Dominican Republic, but nothing more, than in the capital, Santo Domingo. Tourists are preferred for the victims of pickpockets and robbers, violent crimes are reported daily and continue rising in the city. If you like your valuables, you would do well to leave them at home when visiting the city. There is a good chance you come back without some of the items you take, make sure everything you bring is replaceable and of little value.
5. Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo: Opportunistic crimes, including thefts and assaults are the norm in the city, and are primarily committed by street children, also known as “sheggehs”. Due to the high rate of motor vehicle thefts, kidnappings and armed robbery, is recommended by local authorities to drive with the windows closed and doors locked at all times within the boundaries of the city. Even public transportation is not safe in the city, crimes such as theft of wallets and assaults occur frequently in major transit lines, and make daily living in dangerous and unsafe city.
6. Baghdad, Iraq: Suicide attacks, car bombs and planted explosives made the dream of a quiet and peaceful life in Baghdad, Iraq almost impossible. Crime rates soared after U.S. troops took over the country. Many Iraqis have fled the country in 2003 due to anarchy, food shortages and electricity and other threats to life. Since the fall of Saddam Hussein in 2003, trafficking in women has also become a major problem due to increasing poverty in the city. There are even reported cases of mothers selling their daughters.
7. Mogadishu, Somalia: Violence and civil war demolished all infrastructure Mogadishu forcing people to live a life of retreat on their own. Despite being the capital of Mogadishu Somalia, the government seems powerless to control the increasing crime rate. Ethnic conflict and war between guerrillas, between Ethiopian troops and Somali cause a constant emigration of the city, armed militias perform violent crimes such as murder, armed robbery, kidnapping even against their own countrymen citizens.
8. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Despite being a major tourist attraction and second largest city of Brazil, Rio de Janeiro has long been considered one of the most dangerous cities in the world for many years. As violent crime, trafficking of arms and drug trafficking were not enough, the city is also plagued by assassination attempts among drug cartels that deal practically control the city. The homicide rate in the city is so high that about 30 people lose their lives every week for trafficking and drugs related activities. some of these deaths are caused by stray bullets.
9. Detroit, United States: Detroit has been ranked as one of the most dangerous cities in the United States, mainly due to a slow economic decline, but steady. It is estimated that the rate of violent crime in the city is 2,135 per 100,000. In 2009, the city saw more than 379 homicide cases. The scarcity of jobs in the densely populated city is the main reason for depression among residents. This forces them to engage in criminal activities.
10. Cape Town, South Africa: Located at the southern tip of South Africa, Cape Town is considered one of the most beautiful cities in South Africa, and for various reasons. Its luxurious landscapes and tranquil beauty attract millions of tourists every year. Tourists and locals alike are subject to theft, robbery, murder and kidnapping. Car hijackings by the mafia and drug addicts are also some of the common occurrences in the city whose crime rate is the highest in South Africa due to enormous economic and social disparities experienced in the country. It is clear that many areas of the city are perfectly safe, most of Cape Town is seen as a fantastic holiday destination. It is important, however, to sightsee there to avoid areas where crimes occur, including Seapoint, Salt River, Cape Flats, Observatory and Mowbray.