Top Ten Longest Bridges in the World
Bridges are used to connect the places in this big world with each other. We have some great long bridges which connect the places so effortlessly and save our time in travelling and give us alleviate in life. We present you the list of top ten longest bridges in the world in terms of their total length.
1. Danyang–Kunshan Grand Bridge: Danyang-Kunshan grand Bridge is the longest bridge in this world. This bridge is located in between the Shanghai and Nanjing in China. The total length of this bridge is measured as 164,800 m (540,700 ft). The construction of this massive bridge was started in the year 2006 and was completed in 2010. This bridge is carrier for high speed rails. This bridge was opened on 30th June, 2011, it almost took $ 8.5 billion as its construction cost. Almost 10,000 employees were involved in its construction.
2. Tianjin Grand Bridge: Tianjin Grand Bridge is the second longest bridge in this world. This massive bridge is also located in China and used for the high speed railway. This bridge runs in between the Langfang and Qingxian. The total length of this bridge is measured as 113,700 m (373,000 ft). It took almost four years to complete the construction, the construction begun in 2006 and completed in 2010. It was opened for public use on 30th June, 2011.
3. Weinan Weihe Grand Bridge: The third highest bridge in this world is Weinan Weihe Grand Bridge. This bridge is located in between the Zhengzhou and Xi’an in China. This is also a High Speed railway bridge. The total length of this bridge is about 79,732 m (261,588 ft). During the time of its completion it was recorded as the longest bridge in this world but later surpassed by the two above Chinese bridges. The construction of this bridge was completed in 2008.
4. Bang Na Expressway: Bang Na Expressway is on the fourth spot amongst all the longest bridges in this world. This bridge is located in Thailand and the total length of this bridge is measured as 54,000 m (177,000 ft). This is an expressway which has six lanes and the construction of this bridge was completed in January 2000. The complete expressway is a toll road which runs just above the National Highway route 34 which is owned by the EXAT (Expressway Authority of Thailand). This bridge was the biggest bridge in the world until 2008.
5. Beijing Grand Bridge: Beijing Grand Bridge is the fifth longest bridge in this world. This bridge is also a high Speed railway bridge which is located in between the Beijing–Shanghai. The total length of this great bridge is 48,153 m (157,982 ft). The construction of this bridge completed in 2010 and opened for the railway use in 2011. This is the fourth longest bridge in China.