Top Ten Historical Places of The World
Following are some of the historical places in the world which are famous for so many reasons across the world:
1. Machu Picchu: Located at 2430 meters above sea level, Machu Picchu is a historical place in Cusco Region, Urubamba, Machupicchu District in Peru which is also known as Machu Pikchu. some of the people say that it was build between the year 1438 to 1472. It is situated 80 KM far from Cuso near Urubamba River. It represents the Inca Civilization that’s why its often called as “Lost City of the Incas”.
2. Tikal: Located at almost 303 KM north of the Guatemala city and declared as the “UNESCO World Heritage Site” in the year 1979, Tikal was urban centers of the pre-Columbian Maya civilization and supposed to be one of the great archaeological spots. It is the part of Guatemala’s Tikal National Park which is situated in department of El Petén. It was the capital of one of the powerful kingdoms of the Maya.
3. The Pyramids at Giza: Located at El Giza, Egypt, The Pyramids at Giza is the largest and oldest Pyramids among the three in the Giza Necropolic and also one of the great historical place we have in the world. It is also known as the Pyramid of Cheops or sometimes the Pyramid of Khufu . It is supposed to be the oldest among the Seven Wonders of ancient world. The Pyramid is famous for its three chambers inside, these chambers are know as the lowest chamber, the Queen’s Chamber and the King’s Chamber.
4. Great Wall of China: Built across the northern borders of China between 220–206, its a series of fortifications which have been made of stone, brick, tamped earth, wood etc.. The Great Wall of China is a historical architecture which was made to protect the Chinese Empire against the enemy’s intrusions. Border controls, regulation or encouragement of trade and the control of immigration and emigration are some of its other purposes.
5. Angkor Wat: Located in Cambodia, Ankot Wat is the world’s largest religious monument. Its originally a Buddhist temple in Cambodia which was supposed to be a Hindu temple earlier. It is a great Historical monument which was made in the early 12th century by the Khmer King Suryavarman II in Yasodharapura. It also appears on the national flag of Cambodia hence it has become the symbol of the nation.
6. Petra: Established before 312 BCE as Nabataeans’s capital city and commonly known as the Rose City, Petra is the historical city in Jordan, which is famous for its carved stones. It is one of the most visited place in Jordan so it has become the symbol of the country. It was chosen as one of the “28 Places to See Before You Die” by Smithsonian Magazine.
7. Stonehenge: Located at around 2 miles west of the Amesbry in Wiltshire, England, Stonehenge is a historical monument. This is supposed to be one of the world’s most famous sites. It is believed to be made between 3000 BC to 2000 BC. It was added in the list of World Heritage Sites of UNESCO in the year 1986. It is one of the best historical architectures in the world.
8. Colosseum: Located at east of the Roman Forum in the city of Rome, Italy, Colosseum is the elliptical amphitheater which is also known as the Flavian Amphitheater. This is supposed to be the largest amphitheater of Roman Empire hence it is known as the greatest work of Roman architectural design. At that time it was used for workshops, housing, a fortress, a quarry etc..
9. Parthenon: Located at the Athenian Acropolis, Greece, Parthenon is a temple dedicated to the deity of the people of Athens. It was constructed in 438 BC, it was built as a temple to worship the patron deity of people of Athens. It is one of the great historical architecture of Greece and the world too.
10. Alhambra, Spain: Located in Granada, Andalusia, Spain, Alhambra is a palace and fortress complex which was built as a small fortress that time. It was converted into a large palace by Yusuf I who was the Sultan of Granada in the year 1333. It is also known as one of the beautiful historical architecture of the world.