Top Ten Biggest Malls in The World
Malls are the major attractions for the tourists and the local people to get the maximum services under one roof. We present you a list of some biggest malls in the world.
1. New South China Mall: On the top spot we have the Chinese mall “New South China Mall”. This mall is located in the Dongguan, China and was inaugurated in the year 2005. This is a very enormous mall and has a size for about 2,350 stores and the total area is about 659,612 square meters. The New South China Mall is segregated into total seven different zones, each zone is named after the famous places in the world like Rome, Venice, Amsterdam, Egypt, Caribbean, California and Paris. They have created a replica of the same places in terms of design and looks like the Arc de Triomphe of Paris and St. Mark’s Bell Tower of Venice. But unfortunately the mall is still 99% empty.
2. Golden Resources Mall: On the second spot we have the great Golden Resources Mall. This mall is located in Beijing, People’s Republic of China and it was inaugurated in the year 2004. The total number of shops in this mall is more than 1000. In between the 2004 to 2005 this was the biggest mall in the world. This mall is also known as “The Great Mall of China”. The main problem occurred for this mall was its location, it is outside the Beijing and because of this the foreigners traffic for this mall was very less. The total area of this mall is about 557,419 square meters.
3. SM Megamall: The third position is secured by the very famous mall of Philippines. This mall is located in the Mandaluyong, Philippines in the year 1991. This is also a very famous and a very big mall with the total area of about 500,000 square meters. The total number of shops in this mall is more than 1000 and this mall was developed by the famous company SM Prime Holdings. This mall is developed in two different buildings which are connected together with the help of a bridge and the total area covered by them is about 21 hectares. The mall contains a maximum gathering of 4 million people.
4. SM City North EDSA: On the fourth position we have the SM City North EDSA. This is the largest shopping mall in the Southern Asia. This mall is located in the Quezon City, Philippines and was inaugurated on 25th November 1985. It was developed by the famous company SM Prime Holdings. The total area of this massive mall is about 482,878 square meters and the total number of retails shops in this mall is more than 1,100. This mall is divided in eight sections named as The Annex, The Block, Interior Zone, City Center, The Warehouse Club, Sky Garden, Northlink and Grass Residences.
5. 1 Utama Shopping Centre: On the fifth position we have the 1 Utama. This mall was opened in the year 1995 in the Selangor, Malaysia. This is one of the biggest malls in the Malaysia and comprises of two wings that has more than 700 stores. This mall was developed by the Bandar Utama City Centra Sdn Bhd. The total area of this mall is about 465,000 square meters. This mall also has the multiplex facility.
6. Persian Gulf Complex: On the sixth spot we have the great Iranian mall “Persian Gulf Complex”. This mall is located in the Sadra, Shiraz, Iran in September, 2011. This is a very big mall and the total number of stores in the mall is more than 2,500. This mall is developed by the Royal Star International and the total area covered by the mall is about 450,000 square meters. This is the world’s largest mall in terms of number of shops and services.
7. Mall of America (Minnesota , USA): On the seventh spot we have the Mall of America. It was inaugurated on the 11th August, 1992 and it is located in 60 East Broadway Bloomington, Minnesota, United States. The major attraction of this mall is its large theme park along with a wedding chapel. Since its inauguration, more than 5000 couples are married into this park. The total gross area of this mall is 4,200,000 square meters. This is recorded as the most visited mall in America with a visitors ratio of more than 40 million a year. This mall contains the facility of multiplex, aquarium, theme park, adventure golf, flight simulators, and a house of comedy.
8. Central World: On the eighth spot we have the Central World. This is located in Road Pathumwan, Bangkok and it was inaugurated in the year 1990. This is a very big mall and has more than 600 shops and services outlets and also a five-star hotel, office tower, convention center and parking structure. It was named as World Trade Center before it was renamed to Central World Plaza in 2002 and later in the year 2005 it was named as Central World. Total area of this mall is 429,500 square meters.
9. Isfahan City Center: The Isfahan City Center is on the ninth position in our list. This mall is located in Isfahan, Iran and was inaugurated in November, 2012. This is a very attractive and beautiful mall which is developed by the Prestige Land Iran. This mall contains more than 750 stores which all are multi utility stores including restaurants, shopping centers and many more. The total area of this mall is about 425,000 square meters.
10. Mid Valley Megamall: On the last position we have the Mid Valley Megamall. This mall is located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and was opened on 20th November, 1999. This mall was developed by the IGB Group and the total number of stores in this mall is more than 430, it also contains a convention center and a very big 646 rooms business hotel known as Cititel Midvalley Boulevard Hotel and also an exclusive office tower which has 11 stories. The total area of this mall is about 420,000 square meters.