Top IT Companies in the World 2013
Today is the world of technology and for this we have some very big names in the world of software that are providing us some very useful and amazing products to make our day to day life easy and comfortable. Below is the list of top IT companies who are ruling in this world today with their products and services.
1. Microsoft: On the first spot in the world of IT we have the Microsoft. Microsoft builds the software’s and the IT solutions and this is the biggest name in the software world. Microsoft has launched many products such as Xbox, MS office, Windows, Skype, Internet Explorer and many more. Microsoft was founded by the Bill Gates and Paul Allen on 4th April 1975. The headquarters of Microsoft is located in Washington, United States. The total number of employees in Microsoft is more than 100,932. The total revenue in 2013 was about USD 77.85 billion.
2. ORACLE: Oracle is an America multinational company which was founded by the Larry Ellison, Bob Miner and Ed Oates. It was started on 16th June, 1977 and the headquarter is located in California, United States. Oracle has launched so many products like Oracle Applications, Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Servers, Workstations etc. Oracle offers a full pack of software as well as hardware services. The total number of employees associated with Oracle is about 122,458. The total revenue in 2013 was about USD 31.18 billion.
3. IBM: The International Business Machines (IBM) is a very big IT company. It was founded by Thomas J. Watson Charles Ranlett Flint on 16th June 1911. The headquarters is located in New York, United States. The IBM major products are punching machines, calculating units, server storage machines, printing machines, supercomputers, microprocessors etc. The total number of employees working with IBM is about 434,246. The total revenue in 2013 was about USD 99.751 billion.
4. SAP: On the fourth position we have the SAP. This company was founded by the Dietmar Hopp, Hans-Wemer Hector, Hasso Plattner and Klaus Tschira in 1972. The headquarters of SAP is located in Walldorf , Germany. SAP has given so many astonishing products to the people and that enterprise world that includes Customer Relationship Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Supply Chain Management etc. SAP is running out his operation in more than 130 countries with more than 64,598 employees associated with it. The total revenue in 2013 was about EURO 16.22 billion.
5. CISCO: CISCO is a very famous company in terms of networks and communication. Its headquarters is located in San Jose, California, United States. CISCO was found by the Leonard Bosack and Sandy Lerner in the year 1984. CISCO has launched so many astounding products in the market like Networking Device, Networking Management, Optical Networking, Telepresence and many more. Total number of employees in CISCO is about 75,000 globally. The total revenue in 2013 was about USD 48.607 billion.
6. Apple: Everyone is aware of this big name in the world of IT. The founders of Apple were Steve Jobs, Ronald Wayne and Steve Wozniak on 1st April, 1976. The headquarters of Apple is located in California, United States. Apple products are world famous and the company has given a number of attractive and splendid products to the enterprise world and people. Sme of the famous products of Apple are Mac, iPod, iPhone, iCloud, iTunes Store, Mac App Store etc. Total number of employees working with Apple is about 80,000. The total revenue in 2013 was about USD 170.91billion.
7. Google: Who doesn’t know about this IT company. Google was found by the Larry page and Sergey Brin on 4th September 1988. The headquarters of Google is located in the California, United States. Products of Google have been used by mostly every individual who use computer system in this world. Some major and very famous products of Google are the You Tube, maps, Picasa and many more. This search engine ranks first in the world. Total numbers of employees working with Google are 47,756 and the total revenue in 2013 was about USD 59.82 billion.
8. Adobe: Adobe is famous for its software’s. This company was found by the Charles Geschke and John Warnock on 28th February 1982. The headquarters of Adobe is located in the San Jose, California, United States. Some major and splendid products made by the Adobe systems are Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Portable Document Format (PDF), the entire Flash Family and many more. Number of employees linked with this company is more than 11,144 and the total revenue in 2013 was about USD 4.40 billion.