Top Airlines of the World
Following are some of the top airlines of the world which are famous for their services:
1. Emirates Airlines: This is a Dubai based airline, which is a subordinate of the Emirates Group. This is completely possessed by the Investment Corporation of Dubai which is under the Dubai’s government. The Emirates Airlines is the biggest airlines in the Middle East, it caters their services to more than 150 cities, covering 74 countries with 6 continents, and it operates a huge number of almost 3400 flights per week. All these flights are operated from its hub at Dubai International Airport. Not only the passengers, the cargo activities is also undertaken by the Emirates Group’s as Emirates SkyCargo division. The Emirates Airlines comes under the top ten airlines in terms of passenger kilometers and is the largest airlines in the Middle East region in terms of total number of passengers carried out, revenue, fleet size and the revenue.
2. Qatar Airways: The Q.C.S.C. company is operating as the Qatar Airways and the headquarters of the Qatar Airways is located in Doha. The Qatar Airlines holds a great network of connecting 100 international locations from its hub Doha and the total fleet ratio of the Qatar Airways is more 100 aircrafts. The Qatar Airways has more than a staff of 30,000 including all the subsidiaries of the airlines. The Qatar Airways caters their services across North and South America, Europe, Middle East, Far East, Africa, Central Asia, South Asia. The Qatar Airways consists of many divisions that include Doha International Airport, Qatar Aircraft Catering Company, Qatar Executive, Qatar Airways Holidays, Qatar Aviation Services, United Media Int. and Qatar Executive.
3. Singapore Airlines: Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) is rated as 5-star airlines. The hub of the Singapore Airlines is located at the Changi Airport from where all the major activities are operated. Singapore Airlines mostly caters their services to East and South Asia, Southern Asia and Kangaroo Route markets. The SIA is not only into the huge capacity passenger flights but also into the Cargo flights and small flights which is operated to secondary cities with a requirement of smaller capacity of passengers. The first flight of this airline was operated from the British Straits Settlement of Singapore to Kuala Lumpur in 1947.
4. ANA All Nipon Airways: The ANA All Nipon Airways is the largest airline of Japan. This airline is also known as Zennikku or ANA. The headquarters of the ANA is located in Tokyo, Japan. This is a big airline company in Japan and caters their services to almost 32 international routes and 49 destinations within Japan. The total number of employees under this airline was 14,000 till May 2009. The main international hubs of the ANA’s are located at Kansai International Airport exterior Osaka and the Narita International Airport exterior Tokyo. The main domestic hubs are located at Tokyo International Airport, Osaka International Airport Itami and New Chitose Airport. The ANA was publicized as a 5-Star Airline by the Skytrax.
5. Asiana Airlines: Earlier the Asiana Airlines were known as Seoul Airlines. It is one of the major Airlines of South Korea amongst the two i.e. Korean Air. The headquarters of the Asiana is located in the Asiana town in Seoul. The Asiana Airline is a member of Star Alliance and it operates a huge network of 90 international, 14 domestic and 27 cargo flights all over Europe, Oceanic, North America, Asia. The airline is having almost 10,000 employees. Asiana also sponsors the international football team of the South Korea. The first flight of Asiana Airline was in 1988 from the Busan and Gwangju.
6. Cathay Pacific: Cathy Pacific is the international airlines of Hong Kong. The head office of the Cathay Pacific is located at the Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong. The Cathay pacific operates the passenger as well as cargo services. This airline covers almost 42 countries and 168 locations globally. The Cathay Pacific airline consists of a wide variety of Airbus A330 and A340, Boeing 747 and 777. This airline was launched in 1946, and now it is calculated as the third largest airline in terms of the market capitalization as per the International Transport Association. The Cathay Pacific airline holds the title of world’s largest International Cargo airline.
7. Etihad Airways: The Etihad Airways was launched in 2003 and it is based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. This is a busy airline in terms of passengers and cargo, almost more than 1,000 flights are operated per week which includes the major traffic for 96 passengers and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Australia, Europe, Asia, Africa and America. The revenue of this airline is rapidly increasing because of some astonishing services. The Etihad Airways stands the second largest airline company in the United Arab Emirates and the fourth largest in the Middle East.
8. Garuda Indonesia: Garuda Indonesia is a flag carrier of the Indonesia. The name is given after the giant mythical bird Garuda of Buddhist mythology. The headquarter of the Garuda Indonesia is located at Soekamo-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Jakarta. The major locations on which the flights of this airline cater their services are Europe, Middle East, Australia and the main hub of the Garuda Indonesia is Soekamo-Hatta International Airport and some other hubs like Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport, Kuala Namu International Airport. There are a total of more than 1,000 employees working with this airline. Earlier, the headquarter was located in the city center of Jakarta.