Places to Visit in South Africa
South Africa, one of the richest and most developed countries of the African continent, has a large quantity of interesting tourist and cultural destinations to visit including excellent hotels and restaurants. There are several museums, natural parks, monuments, aquariums, historic buildings, art galleries and much more. Main tourist and cultural destinations in South Africa are as following:
1. Johannesburg: It is one of the great place in South Africa to visit, its a beautiful city in the country. South Africa is inseparable from its marked by apartheid, a policy of racial separation enforced between 1948 and 1991 history. To understand the functioning of the country and the thinking of its people, we must know its past. In Johannesburg, the comprehensive Apartheid Museum tells the story of those dark years while the site of Constitution Hill makes a visit to the ancient fort of Johannesburg where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for several months.
2 . Cape Town: There are lots of things to do in the city Cape Town which includes Jazz Bars, numerous restaurants, cozy cafes, trendy boutiques, urban parks, various museums and colorful streets, which makes everyone not to get bored here. Cape Town is supposed to be the cultural heart of South Africa. The place offers a festive atmosphere and hosts a happily mixed population. Cape Town is also the place in the country where there are more mixed couples made of a black person and another white. Fascinatingly, the Table Mountain , as seen from across the city and which cling clouds, seems to protect the Cape. Minutes from downtown, the latter as well as the Mountain Lion’s Head offer opportunities for interesting hikes with bonus points breathtaking view. And during sunny afternoons, the beaches of Cape Town are filled with families and young people who enjoy the sun by the sea City and nature.
3. Townships to discover another world: A sixty townships are scattered across South Africa. These black ghettos located on the outskirts of large cities are deemed to be dangerous, but with a good guide, you will discover an authentic South Africa and happy inhabitants of your visit. The vast township of Soweto, 15 kilometers from Johannesburg, is a real wealth of cultural and historical discoveries.
4. Limpopo: Is a northeastern province of South, neighboring Botswana and Mozambique, is often overlooked by tourists. However, its mountains, vast plains, huge forests and traditional villages in the red earth will appeal to nature lovers. In Limpopo, if eyes opened, also with a little luck, you may see a few specimens of African wildlife. Many Marulas (tree whose fruits are used to make Amarula liqueur) and the largest African baobabs are the territories of Limpopo. Its one of the best places to visit in the country.
5. The Kruger National Park: The most essential unavoidable thing you can do during a stay in South Africa is a Safari. If the country is known for its many nature reserves, the Kruger Park wins the prize. In the largest game reserve in the country, with a little patience and luck, you can see the big five most sought after by tourists and form the so-called Big Five animals: lion, elephant, leopard, rhino and buffalo. Along the way, you may also see giraffes, cheetahs, hyenas, zebras, hippos and impalas. Its one of the best places to visit in South Africa.
6. KwaZulu-Natal: In the east, along the roads of the province of KwaZulu-Natal is a great place to visit in the country. You will discover at every turn of the landscapes of mountains curvaceous and colorful villages here. Impossible not to become zen driving through the winding roads where time seems to have stopped. The people of KwaZulu-Natal is predominantly Zulu and in some villages during celebrations, the sight of people dancing in traditional costumes is fascinating.
7. The city of Durban: The roads of KwaZulu-Natal leading edge of the Indian Ocean, where the city of Durban, center of the seaside district of the east coast. Its one of the best place to visit in South Africa. Its known for its chic and bohemian atmosphere both, Durban offers some of the best conditions in the world for surfing. Moreover, a test of world championship surfing World Championship Tour, takes place every year on the beaches of the country.
8.Port St. Johns: Port St Johns, is the meeting point for travelers in search of healing and a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts. After hours of driving through the mountains of the east, it is a small town nestled in a bay and surrounded by tropical vegetation, and it offers visitors who are still rare. It is the atmosphere of the place that is its charm, the bohemian travelers and the few inhabitants there fraternize quickly. Those who want to shut out the world on deserted beaches will find their account, as well as hyperactive which can observe dolphins and whales are diving, surfing, rock climbing or hiking. In addition, the small town of Port St Johns is very nice and hides many old buildings.
9. The wild coast: An extension of the Port Edward to Port Elizabeth and a distance of 280 km stretch Coast region with the Wild Coast magnificent beauty that has been preserved on its nature. Where you can walk for many miles on those white sand, and often discover you are the only one who went there and left traces of his feet on the sands of the seawall, visit the breathtaking slot wall or watch dolphins frolic. You can also stay here in one of the comfortable hotels, where customer service is the basis of the daily currency.
10. Chapman’s Peak: The scenic drive Chapman’s Peak, between Cape Town and the Cape of Good Hope, is considered one of the most scenic roads in the world. And for good reason, the road nine kilometers located on the cliffs is made of 114 curves and the turning of each of them, the view is literally breathtaking. Chapman’s Peak sometimes even leads visitors over the clouds. It feels like heaven! And the destination is not disappointing either, the second point the southernmost continent, which offers splendid views of the ocean.