Most Popular Video Games of all The Time
There are so many video games which have been famous among the video games lovers but following games are famous not only the time of its launch but also these are famous for all the time.
1. The Oregon Trail: This is a very famous computer game which was developed in the year 1971. The developers of this amazing game are Paul Dillenberger, Don Rawitsch and Bill Heinemann. The production of “The Oregon Trail” was done by the Minnesota Educational Computing Consortium (MECC) in the year 1974. This game was originally designed to teach the school children about the realities of the pioneer life on the Oregon Trail in the 19th century. This game has been released out in many versions by different developers.
2. Hunt the Wumpus: This game was based on the format of hide and seeks, in this game a mystifying monster that prowls deep inside in a huge network of rooms. The writer of the Hunt the Wumpus is Gregory Yob who made this game in the year 1972 and 1973 when he was in the Dartmouth campus of the University of Massachusetts. This game is written in the BASIC. This game was first in printed into the People’s Computer Company in 1973. Gregory Yob later launched few more versions of this game with some advance features and graphics named as Wumpus 2 and Wumpus 3.
3. Pong: Pong is a very marvelous and entertaining game. This was one of the earliest arcade video games we have. Pong is a two-dimensional graphics game which was featured on the tennis sports game. Pong was released in the year 1972. Atari Incorporated (Atari) manufactured this game and the creator was Allan Alcorn. The moment Pong was launched it became so famous as multiple companies produced the similar type of game by copying the concept.
4. Breakout: Breakout was another astounding game that was developed and published by the Atari , Inc. Breakout is a famous arcade game and it was created by the Nolan Bushnell and Steve Bristow. Breakout is quite interesting game in which a layer of bricks are made on the top and at the bottom we have a bar which bounces the ball every time it hits. Player has to hit all the bricks to complete the level. Breakout was promoted on different platforms that include computer games, video games and mobile games.
5. Space Invaders: Space Invaders was developed by the Tomohiro Nishikado and this amazing game was released in the year 1978. Space Invaders was originally manufactured by the Taito in Japan. Later this game was again re launched on different platforms and many versions. This is a very interesting game in which the player has to defeat the waves of the aliens with the laser cannon provided. The complete series of this game was very successful.
6. Asteroids: The Asteroids was released in the year 1979 by the Atari Inc. and this game was designed by the Ed Logg and Lyle Rains. In this amazing and a very entertaining game the player has to control a spaceship in the asteroid field where the player is attacked by the asteroids and the saucers. The player has to move forward without colliding with any asteroid and also to keep you safe from the counter fire from the saucers. The graphics and the controls of this game were so amazing.
7. Battlezone: Battlezone was launched in the year 1980 and this is one of the famous arcade games that were released by the Atari. This game contains a very special looks known as vector graphics, in which a wireframe with black and white vector monitor is used. Another version of this game was also used as a targeted training for the gunners on the Bradley Fighting Vehicle. This game was also known as Army Battlezone or Military Battlezone. This game was so amazing for those who love action games as this games contains guns, missiles and lots of action.
8. Defender: Defender was developed by the Williams Electronics in the year 1980. Defender was one of famous arcade game because of its graphics. Defender was a shooting game which was developed by Eugene Jarvis. This was the first game developed by the Eugene Jarvis, he was the pinball programmer at Williams Electronics. Defender broke all the records for the Williams Electronics by selling over 55,000 units and became the best selling arcade game. Later because of the great success of this gamemany versions and sequels were launched.
9. Pac- Man: Pac-Man is a very entertaining and amazing game that was launched in the year 1980. Pac-man was launched by the Namco and was published in the North America by the Midway. Pac-Man was also launched on multiple platforms and many sequels were launched of this game. The first sequel released was primarily arcade.
10. Zork: Zork was written in the MDL programming language in the year 1977-1979 on a DEC PDP-10 computer. The authors of Zork were Bruce Daniels, Tim Anderson, Dave Lebling and Marc Blank who was also the members of MIT Dynamic Modelling Group. Zork contains three parts, it was divided as Zork or Zork I: The Great Underground Empire and Zork II: The Wizard of Frobozz, and Zork III: The Dungeon Master. This was a superb game and was also launched on multiple platforms.