Most Beautiful Gardens Across the World
We are here again with the detailed information regarding some of the top and most beautiful gardens across the world and their various facts.
1. Keukenhof Gardens: The Keukenhof garden is located near Lisse, Netherlands and is very famous as the garden of Europe. The Keukenhof is the world’s largest flower garden and about 7,000,000 flower bulbs are planted every year in this park. The Keukenhof garden was established in 1949 and the total area is almost 32 hectares. This garden was introduced with a purpose of exhibiting all the special hybrids by the growers from all over Europe and Netherlands.
2. Suan Nong Nooch: The Suan Nong Nooch is a very famous botanical garden and it is located in Thailand. The total size of this garden is very big, it is almost 500 acre in area. This park was established by the Pisit and Nongnooch Tansacha in 1980. Their intentions were to make a fruit plantation which was ended with a tropical flowers and plants plantation project. This garden is also a main scientific center committed to cycads, with its own Cycad Gene Bank.
3. Versailles Garden: The Versailles garden is located in France and it covers a wide area of about 800 hectares. This garden is surrounded by the urban areas of the Versailles from the eastern side, from the north eastern side it is surrounded by the Le Chesnay, from the northern side it is bounded by the National Arboretum de Chèvreloup, the western side is bounded by the Versailles plain and the southern side is surronded by the Satory Forest. This garden is completely filled with different species of flowers and some very beautiful fountains.
4. Butchart garden: The Butchart garden is one of the most beautiful gardens and it is located near Victoria on Vancouver Island in Canada. It was established in 1904. The total number of visitors is more than one million per year from all over the world. The unique Ross Fountain was mounted in the lower reservoir in 1964 to celebrate the 60th anniversary. This garden contains a vast variety of floral display.
5. Desert Botanical Garden: The Desert Botanical garden was established in 1939 and it is located at 1201 N. Galvin Parkway in Phoenix, Arizona USA. This garden was founded by the Arizona Cactus and Native Flora society. The garden consists of more than 21,000 plants comprising in more than 400 taxa. It has about 139 rare and endangered species. Some shade-houses are also built in this garden to protect the plants from the less extreme climate conditions.
6. Yuyuan Garden: The Yuyuan garden is located alongside to the City God Temple Shanghai, China and it is a very beautiful garden. The Yuyuan garden was first visualized in 1559 by the Pan Yanduan. This is the largest garden of this class in Shanghai. The Yuyuan garden has been repaired so many times as it faced several time destruction of the British army and then later by the Japenese. This garden was opened for the public in 1961 and later in 1982 it was declared as a national momentum.
7. Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden: The Fairchild Tropical Botanic garden is located in Florida, United States. The total area of this garden is about 83 acres. This garden has a very vast collection of rare tropical plants that includes cycads, flowering trees and vines. It was established in 1936 by Robert H. Montgomery and opened for the public in 1938. Robert named this garden on the name of his good friend David Fairchild. This garden not only consists of different species of flowers but also a museum,
laboratory and a learning center.
8. The garden of Cosmic Speculation: The Garden of Cosmic Speculation is located in Scotland and the total size of this garden is about 30 acres. This garden was created by the great architect and theorist Charles Jencks. This garden is created on a very different and innovative theme of science and mathematics with sculptures and landscaping that includes Black Holes and Fractals.