Top Ten Most Dangerous Sports in the World
Sports are generally for entertainment and adventure but few sports or games are too hazardous to take part in. Earlier sports were only viewed or played for entertainment purpose, now some more factors has been added into the list which includes thrill, danger and adventure. We are bringing a list of some sports which are very dangerous to play.
1. Heli Skiing: This is a very dangerous sport to take part in as all the conditions in this game are very dangerous and hard to face. This game becomes very popular since its beginning in 1960’s and the majorly popular areas for these games are Canadian and British Colombia territory. Heli-skiing is done by skiing on a mountain covered with snow which is accessed with the help of a helicopter which lifts the ski person to a high altitude. This game is very difficult as a little mistake can lead to a huge accident. Recently many skiers had lost their lives in this because of accidents.
2. Bull Riding: This is another very dangerous sport in which the rider sits on the bull and tries to maintain the balance till the bull hurls him away. This is a very scary sport even for the viewers, the bull riding is mostly famous in Mexico. The rider has to ride the bull for at least 8 seconds with one of his hands being fastened to the rope which is tied up with the bulls flank. Many riders faced physical injuries and few of them lead to death also. This is a very dangerous sport and also called as “the most dangerous 8 seconds in sports”.
3. Cave Diving: Cave diving is a very hazardous sport in which the diver dives into a cave which is partially filled with water and has to find out the route to the exit point. This is a very risky sport as the diver faces some serious obstacles like lack of oxygen, the slender passage caves and no sunlight. Sometimes the temperature also creates a serious problem for this sport. This is a combination of underwater diving and scuba diving. The equipments used in this sport are somewhat different from the scuba diving. The life of the divers is always in a risk as they have to manage every situation themselves because the rescue team may take some time to come.
4. Base jumping: The Base Jumping is a sport in which the person jumps from a very high place and later opens the parachute to stop their fall. This sport is so dangerous and also known as B.A.S.E. which is acronym for the Buildings, Antennas, Spans (bridges) and Earth. This sport is dangerous because once the jumper jumps there is no control over any mishap, what if the parachute does not open. There is always a risk in this game. This game is banner in most of the countries. Another form of this game is ski diving which is almost similar to this.
5. Big Wave Surfing: Big Wave surfing looks a little easy to see but when you enters into the water with some huge tides almost 50-60 ft it’s very difficult to make a move under these situation. The surfing boards which the surfers used are known as “guns” and the size of the boards are decided by the surfer depending upon the conditions and the surfing techniques. A surfer surfs on these conditions until a big wave pushes him under the surface almost 20-50 ft down. The time left to come up is only about 20 seconds until the second wave comes. The pressure of the water is so high that it can even damage your eardrums and make you drown into the water.
6. Street Luging: The street luging was started in 1975 in Southern California and is earlier known as “laydown skateboarding”. In this game the person lays down on the board and rolls on the street, this is quite interesting for the viewers but equivalent risky for the players who are competing. There is no condition of applying breaks. The speeds of the skateboards are so high that even a small accident can lead to a very major injury.
7. Bull Running: This is a very famous sport in Spain, a group of bulls are loosened free on the streets and people run in front of the bulls. This is a very dangerous sport as no one has any control over the bulls. The streets are blocked in such a manner that only one route remains open on which the bulls run. So many people lost their lives in this sport every year.
8. Cheerleading: The Cheerleading was introduced in the United States and was presented first by the cheerleaders to the global audience in 1997. After being seen, this sport becomes very famous and thousands of participants enrolled themselves into this sport every year. This sport requires a lot of physical strength and concentration as a small mistake can lead to a serious injury or can fracture the bone. The main attraction in this sport is the stunts performed by the girls as they are quite vulnerable.
9. Motorcycle Racing: This sport is so famous in the youngsters as the speed from which the fast superbikes roars the track looks so amazing. Professional training is given to all the racers who participate in the race. Although the tracks are well maintained and medical facilities are present in the circuit still this is a very dangerous sport as its very difficult to control the speed on which they drives their superbikes. Many racers have lost their lives in the accidents.
10. High Altitude Climbing: This sport is also famous by the name of trekking. On high altitude mountains climbing are done, it can be done in various climatic conditions. This sport is very dangerous and there’s always a risk of life in this sport. Climbing the huge mountains with just the support of harnessed ropes is very risky throughout
the climbing period as a small mistake can take your life away.